If you look closely at this picture, you will see two different trees. This is not necessarily unusual; however, these two trees have become entangled together. Somehow, they were in each other’s space causing this to occur. Nevertheless, they both managed to grow. However, this situation allowed only one to grow strong, to its full potential. The other was hindered by the entanglement. One was a lilac tree. I do not know the type of the other tree. The lilac tree was stronger; it grew tall, and overtook the other tree not allowing it to fully develop.
As I studied these trees, it made me think about how we need to be watchful in our own life. We need to be careful who and what we get involved with as we go along. Do not get entangled in wrong things. God warns us in His word about this. Listed below are just a few of many scriptures making this point:
- Psalm1:1-2 (NKJV) “Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.”
- 1Corinthians 15:33 (NKJV) “Do not be deceived; Evil company corrupts good habits.”
- 2Corinthians 6:14 (NKJV) “Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?”
- Proverbs 13:20 (NJKV) “He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed.”
- Proverbs 22:24-25 (NKJV) “Make no friendship with an angry man, And with a furious man do not go, Lest you learn his ways And set a snare for your soul.”
- 2Timothy 3:13 (NKJV) “But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.”
These scriptures are clear about the way we are to live. Heed the warning to walk right and grow to your full potential in Christ. Do not be hindered, follow the way of our Lord! We can end up victorious and stronger, or we can become weaker. Do not get entwined in anything that will bring you down the wrong path and stop you from growing. Stay with God.
©Denise L. Calandra 2021
Photographs available for purchase at the following website: